Biden nominates alums to cabinet positions
By Sachini Adikari, Contributing News Editor • May 2, 2024

W. Tennis shows well in A-10 awards

GW women’s tennis coach Dawn Buth was named the Atlantic 10 women’s tennis coach of the year on Friday after leading the Colonials to their first A-10 championship match in over a decade. Buth, who is in her sixth season as the head coach of the Colonials,  is the first GW women’s tennis coach to win the award since 1993, when former Colonials head coach Joe Mesmer won his second consecutive coach of the year honor.

Also honored by the A-10 on Friday were freshmen Mimi Hamling and Dorota Lysienia as well as sophomore Jacqueline Corba, all of whom were named to A-10 all-conference teams. Corba, an all A-10 first team selection, amassed a 17-4 record this spring at No. one singles, including a seven match winning streak to close the season. The sophomore was especially clutch in the A-10 tournament, where her decisive victory in the conference semifinals pushed GW into the conference championship match.

Hamling joined Corba as the team’s only other first-team selection. The Colonial freshman went 11-10 as the No. two doubles player for the Colonials and went 13-7 playing at the No. one singles position. Lysienia, GW’s only representative on the all A-10 second team, went 5-16 playing most of her freshman season at No. three singles.