Another recruit joins the men’s fold

The Washington Post reported yesterday that Lasan Kromah, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Greenbelt, Md., committed to play for GW next year. Kromah is a senior at Greenbelt’s Eleanor Roosevelt High School, where he recently scored 15 points in Maryland’s 4A South Region final (which Roosevelt lost).

Check out Kromah, number 20 in powder blue, in action here (and here, here, and here) at Eleanor Roosevelt and some interviews with the newest Colonial after leading his team to victory. ESPN Rise had a story on him a few weeks back, which mentions that he hits nearly 45 percent of his three-point attempts and was averaging 21 points and eight boards a contest at the time of its writing. Impressive stuff.

Kromah is the sixth reported GW commitment for next fall, joining Tim Johnson, Kinley Branch, David Pellom, Dwayne Smith and Damon Warren to form a crowded crop of newcomers. The scholarship numbers mean Kromah’s signing has an interesting implication: the Colonials currently have five scholarships available for next season and six freshmen reported to be entering the program. This means that at least one of the recruits is no longer on their way to Foggy Bottom this fall, at least one current Colonial is on his way out, or possibly both. We will try to have more for you on this as the situation progresses.