Kethan Savage day-to-day with ankle injury

Sophomore guard Kethan Savage is listed as day-to-day after sustaining a left-ankle sprain in Saturday’s game against St. Bonaventure, a GW Athletics spokesman said Sunday.

Savage injured his ankle in the final minutes of the game after attempting to block a shot against a Bonnies player. He appeared to land awkwardly on the play and fell to the floor, immediately grabbing for his left ankle. Savage would have to be helped off the floor as he limped to the bench.

Kethan Savage goes up for a dunk against VCU in GW's upset win last Tuesday. Cameron Lancaster | Assistant Photo Editor
Kethan Savage goes up for a dunk against VCU in GW’s upset win last Tuesday. Cameron Lancaster | Assistant Photo Editor

Savage was having another standout game for the Colonials, scoring 17 points on 5-9 shooting, while adding five assists, four rebounds, and four steals.

If Savage doesn’t suit up for the Colonials in their next game against George Mason on Jan. 25, GW will be without their most aggressive offensive presence. Savage has had great success splitting opponent’s defenses with his ability to drive into open lanes and draw defenders. His slashing ability has been a great complement to the inside game of sophomore Kevin Larsen and the sharp-shooting of graduate student Maurice Creek.

The sophomore is having a career year for the Colonials, currently ranking second for GW in scoring (13.4 ppg) and assists (2.7 apg), and first in steals (36).