Men’s tennis nets four A-10 all-conference nods

Four GW men’s tennis players were named to Atlantic 10 all-conference teams on Tuesday, making the Colonials one of just three A-10 teams to have four players honored. GW led the A-10 in first-team selections with sophomore Ugur Atalay and juniors Eric Hannah and Chris Kushma all representing GW on the all A-10 first team. Junior Yan Levinski, the fourth Colonial to be honored by the conference, was named to the second-team.

It is the second straight year that all four Colonials have been named to the A-10 all-conference teams. Both Levinski and Atalay were given first-team honors after the 2009 season, while Kushma and Hannah made the all A-10 second team. Hannah and Levinski were also honored after their freshman season in 2008, when they were both named to the all A-10 second team. Levinski was also named to his third consecutive academic all-conference team.

The Colonials went 11-10 this past season, struggling against non-conference foes but going 4-0 in regular-season A-10 matches. Despite entering the A-10 conference tournament as the top seed for the third consecutive year, the Colonials once again returned to Foggy Bottom empty handed, losing 4-3 to two-time defending champion Xavier in the championship match.