Opening of new campus store delayed to February

GW-branded+polo+shirts+hang+in+the+Campus+Store+in+the+University+Student+Center+basement.+
Mathylda Dulian | Photographer
GW-branded polo shirts hang in the Campus Store in the University Student Center basement.

The new campus store at 2100 Pennsylvania Ave. is set to open in February, per a University spokesperson.

University spokesperson Julia Metjian said supply chain issues delayed equipment and materials needed to complete the store, which was initially slated to open late last fall. Officials had not yet “finalized” the opening date for the store in August.

“The construction portion of the project is almost complete and then there will be several weeks to stock and supply the store for its public opening,” Metjian said in an email.

The store appears to contain a large video screen and two levels, and the store has near-complete flooring and unassembled shelves as of Wednesday.

GW first announced plans to move the campus store from the basement of the University Student Center to a two-story, 16,000-foot property in the 2100 Pennsylvania Ave. building last January. The building also holds a Tatte bakery and a taqueria named Bodega, which is not yet open.

The campus store will feature “expanded merchandise,” a children’s book section, a technology store with Apple products and a GW Information Technology help desk, according to the January 2023 release.