Picturing Politics: Members of Congress advocate against cuts to Medicare, Medicaid

Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer
Rep. John Larson, D-CT, speaks at the Courage for America “Back Off Our Benefits” news event in the House Triangle.

This week, The Hatchet attended congressional press conferences discussing food stamps, welfare and police accountability.

Check out these photos from across the District in this week’s edition of Picturing Politics:

A marine peers over to his brother in arms during a presentation of the colors at The Pentagon.
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-NY, shakes hands after her press event discussing the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as the Food Stamps Program.
Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-MA, peers down at her speech during a press event regarding the Ending Qualified Immunity Act, which would remove protections for police officers who violate the constitutional rights of others.
Audience members applaud at the conclusion of Courage for America’s “Back Off Our Benefits” press conference advocating against cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
During a press conference at the House Triangle, a group lines up on the steps of the Capitol to pose for a photo.