International Services Office moves to Marvin Center

The International Services Office moved to Colonial Crossroads. Hatchet file photo
The International Services Office recently moved to Colonial Crossroads. Hatchet file photo.

The International Services Office recently replaced the Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service in the Marvin Center, a University spokesman said.

The Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service relocated to a townhouse on 22 and I streets, University spokesman Kurtis Hiatt said. The women’s studies department was formerly located in the townhouse.

The International Services Office moved into the civic engagement office’s place in Colonial Crossroads on the fifth floor of the Marvin Center, Hiatt said. The office was previously run out of Alumni House.

Hiatt declined to comment on why officials decided to move the two offices.

In the spring, officials said they were exploring ways to enhance the International Services Office after some faculty and students complained the office didn’t have the resources to accommodate a planned surge in the number of international students.

The move will bring the International Services Office closer to other offices on the Marvin Center’s fifth floor, including the career services office, the study abroad office, the Center for Undergraduate Fellowships and Research Center and the Center for Student Engagement.

TheCenter for Civic Engagement and Public Service, which runs GW’s community service programs like the Freshmen Day of Service, was located in Colonial Crossroads since the space opened in 2012 as a central location for student services.