Savage set to return for A-10 Tournament

As GW fights for a top four seed Saturday against Fordham, they will do so knowing that breakout sophomore guard Kethan Savage will be returning for the Atlantic 10 tournament, according to ESPN.

ESPN insider Jeff Goodman first reported Friday that Savage will return to the Colonials lineup after missing the last 11 games with a broken foot.

Kethan Savage goes up for a dunk against VCU earlier this season. Cameron Lancaster | Assistant Photo Editor

According to the reports, Savage will play limited minutes in the conference tournament, but his return will be a huge boost to the thin bench that head coach Mike Lonergan has had to stretch.

Before Savage’s injury Jan. 18 during the final minutes of a game against St. Bonaventure, the Colonials were 15-3. Since then, GW is 7-4.

Savage will come back as the Colonials second leading scorer, averaging 13.4 points per game prior to his injury.

A win Saturday for the Colonials coupled with either a UMass or Saint Joseph’s loss Sunday, will give GW a top four finish and a double bye in next week’s tournament. A top four finish will give Savage an extra day to prepare for his return, while a fifth seed would give him an extra matchup at full game speed before the NCAA Tournament.

Further reports will be confirmed at the conclusion of Saturday’s game.