Women’s rower makes U-23 Rowing National Team

Anna Kaminski, a senior on the women’s rowing team, won her event at the United States’ U-23 Trials earlier this week, and will be a member of the U.S. Under-23 National Team at the World Championships in Trakai, Lithuania, next month.

Along with her partner, Rosie Popa of Cal-Berkeley, won the women’s pair event, finishing in first place in 7:37.236. It was a dramatic finish where the two narrowly defeated the second-place boat by one-tenth of a second.

“I am very excited to represent both GW and the United States at the World Championships,” Kaminski said in a statement. “It has been great rowing all summer with so many talented athletes. Being surrounded by and training with so many elite rowers pushed me to work very hard every day.”

Kaminski was a strong performer for the Colonials last season, capping the year with a nomination to the Atlantic 10 All-Conference First Team, in addition to being named GW’s MVP for the second straight season. Kaminski, who rows from the No. 4 seat in the Varsity 8 crew, was a key piece of the Colonials’ second-place finish at the A-10 championships. 

“We are extremely proud of Anna and her incredible accomplishment,” women’s rowing head coach Eric Carcich said in a statement. “Her work ethic over the past three seasons has shown that she is a worthy addition to the U-23 national team. Everybody here at George Washington is very happy for her and we are excited to monitor her progress in Lithuania next month.”