Biden nominates alums to cabinet positions
By Sachini Adikari, Contributing News Editor • May 2, 2024

What We’re Listening To

Hatchet reporter Priyanka Pardasani shares her latest musical obsessions.

Michael Bublé. Photo courtesy of Jeanie Mackinder under Creative Commons License.

All I Want for Christmas Is You
Michael Bublé

Michael Bublé released his first full-length Christmas album Oct. 24 earlier this year. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Bublé shared that his family first noticed his singing talents when he sang the song “White Christmas.” So, it’s no wonder the Canadian singer has managed to pull off such a passionate collection of holiday songs. His rendition of “All I Want for Christmas Is You” will surely make your heart melt, as he transforms the classic carol with his own unique flavor. His soothing voice provides just what every Christmas celebration needs. This album is sure to become a part of your Christmas playlist for years to come.

How Long
Kaskade & Impetto with Late Night Alumni

Kaskade has done it again. The Chicago-born house music DJ and producer has released another chart-topping album. Some complain that Kaskade has become too mainstream, especially after he headlined the traveling music festival, Identity, last summer. But “How Long” is the perfect union of two components Kaskade is famous for – melodic beats and euphoric vocals. A house music fan could not ask for more from this album, and this song is one of the best. It starts off with a soothing tone, which evolves into an infectious dance beat by the end.