Campus makes dining changes

The spring semester has brought new hours and new dining options to the Mount Vernon campus.

The Ames Dining room hours are now Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m., and Sunday 10:30 a.m. until 8 p.m. The change in hours was made after evaluating student feedback from the fall semester as well as examining class schedules and holidays, said Nancy Haaga, director of Campus Support Services.

“During the fall semester we evaluated traffic patterns, customer counts, student usage of the space during various time periods, eating habits and menu selection in order to ensure that we are meeting our customers’ needs while maintaining a cost-effective operation,” Haaga said in an e-mail.

The $6.75 all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch has also returned.

“Based on the student participation we have seen thus far, it has achieved some success in bringing many different aspects of the GW community together on the Mount Vernon Campus for this weekly event,” said Robert Snyder, Special Assistant to the Dean of Freshmen and Director of Mount Vernon Campus Life and Marketing. About 200 people attended each of the first two offerings of brunch, Haaga said.

The Mount Vernon Campus Programming Council will be providing entertainment at the brunch Feb. 25, March 25 and April 22. The brunch will be available every Sunday in Ames from 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.

“This was a very popular GW tradition in the past, and we have brought it back and are excited that it will become bigger and better than ever,” Haaga said.

G-Dub Java and the Mount Vernon coffee shop, will be open Monday thru Thursday 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. until 2 p.m., closed Saturday, and from 3 until 9 p.m. on Sunday.