Corrections and clarifications

Due to an inappropriate substitution by an editor, a sentence in the Oct. 6 crime log (p. 5) said University Police escorted a student claiming “diplomatic immunity” at the Hall on Virginia Avenue to his “embassy” at Thurston Hall. University Police Chief Dolores Stafford did not use the word “embassy.” The student was escorted to his dormitory room.

In the article “Event unsettles leaders” (Oct. 6, p.5), Student Association senator Tyler Hudson was misidentified as a sophomore. He is a junior.

The article “Hungarian prime minister honored at GW” (Oct. 10, p.7) misquoted professor Hugh Agnew, who did not say that the prime minister played an important role in challenging communism. Agnew said the country played an important role in challenging communism.

Because of an insertion by an editor, the article “Anchorage Away” (Oct. 10, p. 9) incorrectly stated that the permanent fund dividend payment to Alaskans is annually $847. The amount can change from year to year.

In an Oct. 11 Web update entitled “GW senior sustains serious head injuries in robbery near campus,” the article incorrectly stated that UPD Chief Dolores Stafford said the victim was assaulted and robbed. Stafford had only said that the student was assaulted.

The article titled “Student Think Tank Launches at GW,” posted on www.gwhatchet.com Oct. 6., incorrectly spelled the name of Roosevelt Institute’s executive director. His name is Quinn Wilhelmi. GW chapter president senior Adam Conner’s name was also misspelled.

Due to incorrect information provided by a spokesman for GW’s chapter of the Roosevelt Institute, the article “Student Think Tank Launches at GW,” posted online
Oct. 6, incorrectly reported that the event on Capitol Hill was the first meeting of the GW chapter. The event was the national launch of the Roosevelt Review.

The article also stated that the Review of Policy Research will be publishing the GW chapter’s next journal, however, the national Roosevelt Institution will be working in collaboration with the Policy Studies Organization to publish the Review of Policy Research journal.