Crime Report

Theft

5/17 – Public Property – case closed

A female student reported that her bike was stolen from the bike rack on the H Street side of the Marvin Center. University Police officers filed a report.

No suspects or witnesses.

Breaking and Entering – Vending

5/16 – Aston Hall – open case

UPD responded to a report that a vending machine in the building had been vandalized. When officers arrived they determined the machine had been pried open and some of the contents had been stolen. Metropolitan Police was contacted to determine if they wanted to dispatch the crime unit. Contents left in machine were removed for evidence.

Destruction

5/16 – GW Hospital – 1:00 p.m. – case closed

A hospital official reported that an unknown person broke the faceplate off of her top desk drawer. She said there was no property missing from the drawer, but she assumed the person broke in to see if anything valuable was inside.

Referred to appropriate department.

5/14 – West End – case closed

A UPD officer discovered the card reader for the elevator was pulled off the wall and the light next to the elevator was also damaged. Facilities Management was contacted to get them both fixed.

No suspects or witnesses.

Disorderly Conduct

5/15 – Thurston Hall – 2:30 a.m. – case closed

Community of Living and Learning Center staff noticed bottles being thrown from a Thurston window into the area between Thurston and Mitchell Hall. CLLC identified the room from which the bottles were being thrown and received no answer from occupants after knocking. Personnel entered the room to find no one inside, but found empty alcohol containers in plain view. Secret Service officials were also on the scene.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

5/15 – Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Hall – 1:30 a.m. – case closed

UPD was contacted by the driver of a non-GW shuttle bus. An unknown subject threw an egg at the bus, and several broken egg shells were found on the sidewalk. The driver said he believed the egg was thrown from JBKO.

No identifiable suspects.

Harassment

5/14 – Munson Hall – case closed

A female student reported that she was receiving instant messages she felt were harassing or threatening in nature. She identified the sender, who appeared not to be a GW student. She was given information about saving any additional messages in the future.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

5/14 – Thurston Hall – 12:40 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint, and officers and CLLC staff found seven underage students drinking in the room. Each student’s medical condition was assessed, and two were transported to the GW Hospital by EMeRG.

Referred to SJS

-compiled by Katie Rooney