Crime Log

Stolen Auto

4/7 – 2100 block of G Street – 2 p.m.
A female reported that unknown persons stole her vehicle while it was parked on G Street. The owner said she might have left her keys inside the vehicle. University Police headquarters is located at 21st and G streets, but the stolen car did not belong to the department.

Drug Law Violation

4/9 – Madison Hall – 11 p.m. – case closed
An anonymous call regarding a suspicious odor led to a search uncovering a container that tested positive for marijuana residue. A George Foreman grill was also confiscated.
Referred to SJS

4/9 – Hensley Hall – 11 p.m. – case closed
Community Living and Learning Center staff reported a suspicious odor in a room. No one answered UPD knocks. The room was empty when entered, but the smell was still present, so a search was conducted. Pipes, rolling paper and .3 grams of marijuana were found.
Referred to SJS

Fireworks Violation

4/11 – Gelman Library – open case
A male was startled after someone threw a firecracker at the seat next to him while he was studying. He heard two people behind him giggling and gave UPD a description. The suspects could not be found.
Referred to SJS

Fraud

4/7 – Off Campus – case closed
Prince George’s County police are investigating three GW payroll checks, which someone presented to a Maryland retailer on Jan. 14. The checks were thought to be forged and were not cashed.
Referred to outside agency

Liquor Law Violation

4/9 – University Yard – 8:40 p.m. – case closed
A person of legal drinking age was drinking a Guinness in public during Spring Fling. In D.C., it is illegal for anyone to have an open alcoholic beverage in public. The man told UPD he was not a student, but they found he was in fact a student after searching University records.
Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

4/8 – 2300 block of G Street – case closed
An egg thrown from the Ivory Tower struck a passerby just above the knee. No suspects could be identified.

– compiled by Nathan Brill