Athletics to extend 2019 partnership with Adidas

The Department of Athletics began a partnership with Adidas in 2019.
File Photo by Grace Hromin
GW Athletic Department

GW’s intercollegiate teams will extend their partnership with Adidas, the Department of Athletics announced in a press release Tuesday. 

For the past four years, the University’s more than 400 athletes have been outfitted by Adidas since the ending of a sponsorship with Nike that began in 2012. Adidas has also partnered with fellow Atlantic 10 teams La Salle, Richmond, George Mason and soon-to-be departing UMass.

“Our partnership with Adidas has been outstanding and we proudly wear the Three Stripes across the nation’s capital and in many of the nation’s top media markets in the Atlantic 10’s footprint,” Director of Athletics Tanya Vogel said in the press release. 

As of 2020, Adidas has partnered with over 100 Division 1 athletic programs across the country. The company also holds sponsorships with over 25 colleges and universities, with its most lucrative deal standing at $16 million with the University of Louisville and other deals at the University of Kansas, University of Washington and others worth more than $10 million.

The Revolutionaries originally entered a five-year partnership with the brand in June of 2019. 

Adidas now outfits the 20 intercollegiate teams on campus. According to the University’s Finance Division, the University’s Adidas fulfillment partner, GameOne, will manage all other athletics department purchases. Student groups and organizations are eligible to receive a 40 percent discount on blank stock apparel from Adidas and can use pre-approved University logos on Adidas merchandise.