University issues alert on missing person near GW Hospital

Police are looking for a man in green scrubs.
File Photo by Sophia Goedert

The University issued an alert Wednesday for a man last seen on the Foggy Bottom Campus near GW Hospital.

A Metropolitan Police Department spokesperson said police processed a missing person’s report for a missing critical person at the 900 Block of 23rd Street after receiving a call at 10:46 a.m. He said MPD will issue information on the missing person when they receive it.

The University issued an alert at 12:26 p.m. telling community members to avoid the area and be on the lookout for a 40-year-old man in green scrubs last seen going north, away from campus. No marked police vehicles were at the 900 Block of 23rd Street at the time of the alert.

University officials issued an all-clear at 1:34 p.m.

U.S. Park Police said in an email they are not involved in any incident at GW Hospital.

A murder suspect escaped police custody at GW Hospital earlier this month, sending campus into a shelter-in-place order. Police are still looking for the suspect, 30-year-old Christopher Haynes, and have offered a $30,000 reward for information that leads to his arrest.