Trustees name new secretary, vice president for board relations

Faculty+and+officials+have+worked+in+recent+months+to+improve+shared+governance+at+GW%2C+and+Wrighton+said+he+wants+to+continue+the+initiative+as+interim+president.+
Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Faculty and officials have worked in recent months to improve shared governance at GW, and Wrighton said he wants to continue the initiative as interim president.

The Board of Trustees named Jonathan Post the secretary of the University and the vice president for board relations, according to a release Monday.

Post, who served as assistant vice president for board relations for seven years prior to the promotion, will support the Board, individual trustees and members of administration in his new position, according to the release. The release states that Post will also lead the Office of the Board of Trustees by facilitating governance operations for the boards of trustees of GW and the Medical Faculty Associates, coordinating all Board and committee meetings and retaining the Board’s historical records.

Post also previously served as the key staffer to the Board’s task forces, Executive Committee and Committee on Governance and Nominations and as the director of programs at the Association of Governing Boards of Colleges and Universities. Post is replacing the former secretary of the University, Aristide Collins Jr., who left in June after serving nearly six years in the role.

Post moderated two town halls in May 2020 to gather students’ feedback on guiding principles for the Board’s task force on building naming policies alongside Mark Chichester, the task force’s chair. Post also moderated three town hall meetings for the University’s 2016 presidential search, which led to the selection of former University President Thomas LeBlanc.

“The University is well positioned to advance its mission of academic excellence, research, patient care, and service,” Post said in the release. “I look forward to partnering with President Granberg, GW Board Chair Grace Speights, MFA Board Chair Ellen Zane, and the university leadership to further elevate the institution to greater heights.”