Biden nominates alums to cabinet positions
By Sachini Adikari, Contributing News Editor • May 2, 2024

Guard alum plays on NBA summer league roster

Sage Russell | Staff Photographer
Graduate student guard Brendan Adams nailed a three off the dribble to capture a 3-point advantage, setting up a single-handed scoring surge from senior guard James Bishop that would lock up a victory for the Colonials.

While the summer league is over, GW graduate guard Brendan Adams made the most of his opportunity on the Minnesota Timberwolves 2023 summer league roster. 

Adams averaged 4.3 points per game on 55.6 percent shooting through three games. It’s unclear if Adams will continue in the NBA, but his summer league debut makes Adams was one of the first GW players to make an NBA roster since Phoenix Suns forward and alumn Yuta Watanabe.

“It was a great experience,” Adams said earlier this month. “All of this is honestly a great experience. I’m so blessed for everything that is happening for me right now.”

As a graduate student last season, Adams averaged a career-high 17.4 points per game on 47 percent shooting from the field and 38 percent shooting from beyond the arc. On Feb. 9, he scored a career-high 35 points and hit nine 3-pointers in a double-overtime win against the Richmond Spiders, breaking the GW school record for most 3-pointers by a single player in a game. 

Adams’ impressive play throughout the season helped him earn the A-10’s Most Improved Player award for the 2022-23 season. His success extended off the court, where his strong academic performance as a graduate student at the School of Business earned him A-10 All-Academic Honors. 

Adams said in April that he signed with an agent right after the season ended and was looking to play professionally. 

Jordyn Bailer contributed reporting.