Watch the men’s March Madness final at these D.C. bars

Lily Speredelozzi | Assistant Photo Editor
If you’re looking to stay close to campus and watch the game, Duke’s Grocery is the place for you.

Even if your March Madness bracket has been busted since the round of 64 or you’re grieving the ninth-straight year with GW men’s basketball out of the tournament, you should still make the most of the NCAA men’s championship game Monday night.

As this year’s men’s tournament comes to a close, the championship game serves as a way to start your work week off on a fun note and take advantage of the game-day deals on food and drinks and exciting atmospheres at restaurants and bars around the District. Before tip-off at 9:20 p.m., head over to one of these five spots around D.C. to tune into the game while grubbing on bar appetizers and discounted drinks.

Union Pub
Union Pub – a bar and restaurant in Capitol Hill – has featured game-day specials on discounted 10 Barrell Brewing IPA cans ($5), Devils Backbone drafts ($6) and “Madness Shots” ($3) throughout the tournament. The dinner menu is stacked with fried goods like pickles, cheese curds, mini corn dogs and the restaurant’s famous totchos – tater tots topped with traditional nacho toppings. TVs hanging on the perimeter of the room in the bar and patio areas will broadcast the championship. The spacious, covered outdoor patio is the ideal spot for enjoying the warm spring weather while relaxing with friends and watching the game.

201 Massachusetts Ave NE. Open Monday 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Find more information here.

Cleveland Park Bar and Grill
Cleveland Park Bar and Grill, just a block from the Cleveland Park Metro station, is a great spot to tune into the game. Its 40-plus big-screen TVs line the walls of the narrow main floor, composed of a full dining room with booth seating along the walls and a 12-seat bar. They will continue to feature their March Madness discounted drinks for the championship game, like Clutch Vodka shots and drinks, both for $7 each, as well as their usual food menu of burgers, pizza and pasta. Head to the rooftop deck, offering an additional bar and both covered and open outdoor seating, for a more spacious option.

3421 Connecticut Ave NW. Open Monday 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Find more information here.

Duke’s Grocery
If you’re looking to stay close to campus to watch the game, Duke’s Grocery is the place for you. The joint is popular among sports fans for its lively atmosphere and elevated bar food. The restaurant’s Foggy Bottom and Navy Yard locations have been offering a buy five, get one free game day special on drinks throughout the tournament for any combination of Narragansett, New Amsterdam, Jameson, Fuller’s London Pride, Pimm’s and High Noon beverages. They will also run a Monday special for half-off bottles of wine from 7 p.m. until closing time. If you’re hungry, bust out your GWorld to try their Proper Burger, rated one of the best burgers in D.C. The Foggy Bottom and Navy Yard locations will be playing the championship game on their TVs around the bar area.

2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW. Open Monday 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Find more information here.

Public Bar Live
For those who care about the game day atmosphere just as much as the actual game itself, head to Public Bar Live, a three-story sports bar and concert venue that makes for a high-energy environment fit for a national championship. Public Bar has 40 TVs across five bars plus a 14-foot HD projector screen at the far end of the main room. They serve classic bar food and offer special meals during sports events for groups of two ($100), four ($150) and eight ($225) that come with various amounts of wings, tenders, fries and drinks. Don’t miss the business’ specials featuring $8 tequilas and half-priced wings all night. Snag a seat at one of the restaurant’s long booths or head to the bar to camp out with your food and friends to root for your team of choice.

1214 18th St NW. Open Monday 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Find more information here.

The Town Tavern
Assemble a group of friends and reserve a table ahead of time at The Town Tavern in Adams Morgan. Customers who book a reservation for a game-watching party of 10 or more people receive their first Bud Light pitcher for free. During the game, The Town Tavern will also offer specials including $15 Bud Light pitchers and $5 Bud Light bottles. Meal options include classic American food like burgers ($12-16), chicken tender baskets ($13) and wings ($14). The Town Tavern plans to play the championship game on its 15 flatscreen TVs with live satellite feed and surround sound that are positioned along the walls and behind the bar. With a large group of friends you can have the game day experience to emulate watching the live final at the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas Monday night.

2323 18th St NW. Open Monday 6 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Find more information here.