Train strikes person at Foggy Bottom station: Metro official

File Photo by Raphael Kellner | Photographer
The University’s enrollment in U-Pass will let students explore the D.C. area for the $100-per-semester rate.

Content warning: This story contains references to self-harm.

A Metro train struck and caused “minor” injuries to a person who jumped onto the tracks at the Foggy Bottom station Sunday morning, according to a Metro spokesperson.

Ian Jannetta, a spokesperson for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, said in an email the person “intentionally” placed themselves in the path of the train at about 8:30 a.m. Silver and Blue line trains single-tracked through the station following the collision while several D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department vehicles responded to the Foggy Bottom station.

Jannetta said the person was transported to the hospital.

D.C. FEMS and the Metropolitan Police Department were not immediately available for comment.

Trains stopped single-tracking with some residual delays at about 9:50 a.m., according to a tweet from WMATA. Normal service resumed at the Foggy Bottom station at about 11:05 a.m.

This situation is still developing, and we will update the story as we receive more information.

Erika Filter contributed reporting.