Crime log: Students aid MPD in arrest tied to burglary at One Washington Circle Hotel

Simple Assault/Lewd Obscene Acts/Sex Offense

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
2/18/22 – 11:22 p.m.
Closed Case

A 7-Eleven staff member reported that a non-GW-affiliated man exposed himself while requesting to use the bathroom. The staff member then stated that the man proceeded to shove him after bathroom entry was denied and subsequently exited the store. GW Police Department officers were unable to identify the subject of the crime.

— No identifiable subject.

Unlawful Entry

JBKO Hall
2/19/22 – 2:36 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to reports that a non-GW-affiliated woman was asleep in the lobby of JBKO Hall. They made contact with the subject, who was barred and sent on her way.

— Subject barred.

Simple Assault, Unlawful Entry

Various Locations
2/19/22 – 10:46 p.m.
Closed Case

A non-GW affiliated individual reported that a previously barred male subject assaulted them on the street after the subject exited 7-Eleven at Mitchell Hall. Shortly after the case was referred to the Metropolitan Police Department, the complainant decided not to pursue further charges.

— Referred to the MPD.

Harassing Telephone

Unknown
2/22/22 – 1:31 a.m.
Open Case

A female GW-affiliated subject reported receiving offensive text messages from her former boyfriend.

— Case open.

Unlawful Entry

Support Building
2/22/22 – 8:48 a.m.
Closed Case

A male employee unlawfully entered the Support Building and acted in a “disorderly” manner. GWPD officers made contact with the subject, who was subsequently barred from campus and terminated from his position at GW.

— Subject barred.

Theft II/From Building

Gelman Library
2/22/22 – Unknown
Open Case

A Gelman Library staff member reported a studio lamp, a stand and a cable as stolen.

— Case open.

Burglary I/Non-Forcible

One Washington Circle Hotel
2/22/22 – 10:57 p.m.
Closed Case

A group of students witnessed and called for assistance from MPD after a non-GW-affiliated male illegally entered multiple rooms at the One Washington Circle Hotel, which is currently serving as a GW residence hall. The subject stole multiple personal belongings from the rooms. With the aid of the students, MPD officers located and arrested the subject.

— Subject arrested.

Public Drunkenness

University Student Center
2/23/22 – 2:04 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated non-GW-affiliated male who was causing a disturbance at the University Student Center. They made contact with the subject, who was barred and sent on his way.

– Subject barred.

– Compiled by Acacia Niyogi.