Weekend Outlook – Explore Georgetown’s light exhibition

File Photo by Arielle Bader | Assistant Photo Editor
Georgetown Glow showcases different local artists’ works every season.

Impending finals might have you cooped up in Foggy Bottom, so spend some time exploring different D.C. neighborhoods this weekend.

From Georgetown’s newest installation of Georgetown Glow and a pop-up market in Dupont Circle to a DMV-wide Thai restaurant week, there’s no excuse to stay at home.

Friday

Georgetown Glow: A New Season of Light

Since 2014, Georgetown has hosted a seasonally changing art and light exhibition called Georgetown Glow. For each season – summer, fall, winter and spring – Georgetown Glow displays the work of local artists throughout the neighborhood. This spring, visitors can admire five art and light displays placed throughout the neighborhood as you shop and dine. You can even sign up for guided walking tours of the art.

Georgetown neighborhood. Free. April 9 through June 27.

Saturday

Dupont Circle Pop-Up

Fifty vendors, including, jewelers, potters and soap renderers, will set up shop in Dupont Circle Saturday afternoon. You can find the vendors along the sidewalks of P Street and Connecticut Avenue, near some of the neighborhood’s other storefronts and restaurants. This market pop-up is organized by Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets and sponsored by the Department of Local and Small Business Development.

Dupont Circle. Check out the vendor map here. Free. Runs from noon to 5 p.m.

Sunday

It’s Spring, Let’s Eat Thai – Thai Restaurant Week 2021

This Sunday marks the start of Thai Restaurant week across the DMV. The weeklong celebration coincides with the ‘Songkran’ Thai New Year. More than 50 Thai restaurants in D.C., Maryland and Virginia are participating in this restaurant week with special lunch and dinner menus. Diners are encouraged to snap pics of their meals and post them to social media tagging @eatthaidmv with the hashtags #THAIfoodTHAInewyear2021 and #ItsSpringLetsEatTHAI for a chance to win a trip to Thailand.

Across the DMV. April 11 through 17. Find more information here.