Weekend Outlook – Visit LOVE muralist’s pop-up shop for a Valentine’s gift

Lovers+and+singles+alike+can+enjoy+the+art+and+music+at+the++Love+Pop+Up+Shop+and+Exhibition+this+weekend.++
File photo by Alexander Welling
Lovers and singles alike can enjoy the art and music at the Love Pop Up Shop and Exhibition this weekend.

Keep yourself busy this weekend with dancing, art and food. Put on your black eyeliner for the Emo vs. Pop Punk Dance Party, then pick up some Valentine’s Day gifts at the LOVE Pop Up Shop and Exhibition. Wrap up your weekend savoring chocolates and drinking wine at the DC Chocolate, Wine & Whiskey Festival.

Friday

Emo vs. Pop Punk Dance Party

Dance, sing and scream along to your favorite emo and punk jams Friday night at Black Cat DC. This all-ages event will bring you back to your angsty teenage days. Black Cat DC will play songs from bands like Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and The All American Rejects all night. Doors open at 9 p.m. and tickets are $10.

Black Cat DC, 1811 14th St. NW, doors open at 9 p.m., tickets are $10-12.

Saturday

Love Pop Up Shop and Exhibition

Looking for some Valentine’s Day gifts for your special someone? Stop by the Love Pop Up Shop and Exhibition to buy paintings, drawings, prints, posters and cards by D.C. LOVE muralist Lisa Marie Thalhammer. The pop-up shop is free and open all weekend.  You can come to the exhibition opening Thursday for complimentary cocktails, or stop by Saturday night for the LOVE Party with special guests.

The Chersire, 2412 18th St. NW., noon to 11 p.m.

DC Chocolate, Wine & Whiskey Festival

Fill up on champagne, chocolate and charcuterie Sunday at the DC Chocolate, Wine and Whiskey Festival in Union Market. Tickets near about $50, but it includes everything from chocolate samples and a fondue bar to unlimited wine, cider and other spirits. The event will hold two sessions – one on Saturday and one on Sunday – and you must be 21 or older to attend.

Union Market, 1309 5th St. NE, 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets $45 to $70.