Weekend Outlook – Take your photo around hundreds of butterflies

Jack Fonseca | Contributing Photo Editor
The National Museums of Natural History and African Art, the National Air and Space Museum and the National Postal Museum are among the eight facilities opening in the District this summer.

Explore delectable cuisine, exotic wildlife and meditation all in one weekend. On Friday, dabble in the District’s food truck scene at a monthly festival, then head to the National Museum of Natural History to learn about hundreds of butterflies and flora. Top off your weekend with bottomless mimosas after a rejuvenating morning yoga class at Pinstripes restaurant.

Friday

Truckeroo Food Truck Festival

At the Bullpen’s monthly food truck festival, voted the third best festival in the Southeast by Everfest, you can sample an assortment of savory and sweet foods. The festival will bring in about 15 participating food trucks including Lombardo’s Detroit Style Pizza, Tapas Truck and Puddin, but the festival is more than just a celebration of food. You can enjoy live music and family-friendly games and activities in the backdrop of Washington Nationals Stadium.

The Bullpen, 1201 Half St. SE. 4 to 11 p.m., Free.

Saturday

Butterfly Pavilion

Admire some of nature’s most delicate wildlife at the National Museum of Natural History’s Butterfly Pavilion, an exhibit home to more than 300 butterflies. Walk among several different butterfly species – from classic Monarch butterflies to lesser-known types like the Zebra Mosaic – and exotic plants in the tropical oasis cultivated and maintained by the museum. If you’re lucky, one butterfly might land on you.

National Museum of Natural History, 10 St. & Constitution Ave. NW, 10:15 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tickets are $7.50.

Sunday

Yoga & Brunch at Pinstripes Georgetown

If you need a reason to get out of bed before noon, Corepower Yoga is teaming up with Pinstripes to host an energizing yoga session. The $5 class begins with a 9 a.m. yoga lesson taught by a Corepower-certified instructor and will include a free mimosa during the session. After the class, you can still gulp down more mimosas with a discounted bottomless brunch. Yogis are asked to bring their own yoga mat and arrive 15 minutes early. If you want to stay for brunch, don’t forget to make a reservation ahead of time.

Pinstripes, 1064 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Yoga class is 9 to 10 a.m., brunch is served until 4 p.m., Tickets are $5.