Woman sues GW Hospital for injuries sustained in 2017 fall

The+GW+Hospital+is+suing+the+U.S.+Department+of+Health+and+Human+Services+for+underpaying+it+between+2006+and+2011.+
The GW Hospital is suing the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for underpaying it between 2006 and 2011.

A woman is suing the GW Hospital for injuries she sustained after slipping and falling on ice on hospital property two years ago.

In a two-page complaint filed in the D.C. Superior Court Thursday, Pamela Moulden claims she slipped and fell on water and ice on the floor outside the hospital’s cafeteria while visiting her brother at the hospital in 2017. Moulden is asking for $50,0000, claiming GW Hospital workers “negligently maintained” the building and did not properly warn her about the ice and water that caused her to slip and fall, according to the complaint.

“As a result of said agent of the defendant, George Washington University Hospital, plaintiff did suffer great pain and injury, mental anguish, and has incurred medical expenses,” the complaint states.

Moulden’s lawyers did not immediately return a request for comment. GW Hospital spokeswoman Susan Griffiths did not immediately return a request for comment.

An initial scheduling conference for the case is slated for Sept. 27, according to court records.