Weekend outlook – Laugh your way into 2019 at a comedy show

File Photo by Arielle Bader | Staff Photographer
A group of comedians will take the stage at DAR Constitution Hall this weekend.

As the year quickly comes to a close, start your last weekend of 2018 catching one of the last performances of a musical at The National Theatre and finish it dancing the night away at Echostage.

Friday

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical at The National Theatre

Head to The National Theatre to see one of the last performances of the Tony Award-winning musical “Beautiful” before it ends its run on Sunday. The show tells the story of singer-songwriter Carole King, who is known for her hits like “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” and “I Feel the Earth Move.” The audience will follow King on her rise to stardom as she becomes one of the most well known female artists in American history.

The National Theatre, 1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $64.

Saturday

New Year’s Comedy Jam at DAR Constitution Hall

For a night full of laughs, make your way to DAR Constitution Hall where a dynamic group of comedians will perform. Acts include Nephew Tommy – known for his role as co-host of “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” where he often makes prank phone calls – and Lil Duval, a stand up comedian and singer known for his appearances on the MTV show “Guy Code.” Earthquake, a D.C. native who has performed on Shaquille O’Neal’s “All Star Comedy Jam,” will also take the stage. Each comedian will bring their individual style and have you laughing your way into the new year.

DAR Constitution Hall, 1776 D St. NW. 10:30 p.m. Tickets start at $89.

Sunday

David Guetta at Echostage

David Guetta will perform at Echostage this weekend for a night full of fun. Guetta has been producing music for nearly three decades and is known for his collaborations with artists like Justin Bieber, Sia and Nicki Minaj. The French DJ will likely play hit songs off his new album, “7,” which was released in September, like “Blame it On Love (feat. Madison Beer)” and “Motto (feat. Lil Uzi Vert, G-Eazy and Mally Mall).” For fans of his older music, Guetta may also play throwbacks like “Titanium (feat. Sia)” or “Without You (feat. Usher).”

Echostage, 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE. 9 p.m. Tickets are $60.