Weekend outlook – Sample foods from around the DMV at Taste of D.C.

If you’re looking for a bit of comedy to lighten up the long weekend, think about seeing the comedy show Awkward Sex… and the City at the Black Cat Friday night.

Midterms are just around the corner, but fall break is here to provide some much-needed relief from cramming for exams. During the long weekend, be sure to take a study break and check out these events happening around the District.

Friday

Awkward Sex… and the City

If you’re looking for a bit of comedy to lighten up the long weekend, think about seeing Awkward Sex… and the City at the Black Cat Friday night. This performance, created and hosted by New York-based stand-up comedian Natalie Wall, features an ensemble of female comedians recounting their most awkward sexual encounters. The show has been on tour since 2013, taking the most uncomfortable sex stories nationwide. From being interrupted by a bear while having sex in the woods to being hit on through a fire escape window, this show has it all. Awkward Sex… and the City’s return to D.C. this year is sure to be a hit and the perfect opportunity for a girls’ night out.

Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW. 8 p.m. $15.

Saturday and Sunday

Taste of D.C.

If your taste buds are tired of the District House vendors, head to the largest culinary festival in the Mid-Atlantic to sample more than 65 restaurants this weekend. RFK Stadium in Kingman Park will be taken over by Taste of D.C. on Saturday and Sunday. Visitors not only get to eat to their heart’s content at this festival but they can also peruse local businesses and listen to live music from cover bands, a cappella groups and brass ensembles. Foggy Bottom favorites, like Captain Cookie and CapMac, as well as a variety of restaurants and food trucks from Maryland and Virginia will provide a spread of cuisines for amateur critics to try. Saturday’s festivities will end with Taste After Dark, where the festival spotlight turns to the Beer Garden and DJ Julian Rivera.

Lot 8 at the festival grounds of RFK Stadium, 2400 East Capitol St. SE. Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free.

Monday

Halsey

Replace your Monday night homework with a concert. Watch Halsey take the stage at the Capital One Arena. After recently launching her national hopeless fountain kingdom tour, the singer-songwriter is promoting her new album, including songs such as “Now or Never” and “Bad at Love.” She will be joined on this tour by Canadian rapper PartyNextDoor, known for “Come and See Me” and “Break from Toronto,” and British performer Charli XCX, whose single “Boom Clap” made the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 2014 when it appeared on the soundtrack for the Hollywood film “The Fault in Our Stars.”

Capital One Arena, 601 F St. NW. 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students start at $20.