Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Catherine Moran.

Kick off the weekend with delicious outdoor food tastings, free American art and rousing dance music.

Friday

National Gallery of Art

Spend a day discovering the treasures in the reopened National Gallery of Art East Building. A rooftop sculpture garden featuring an electric blue rooster and four new exhibitions will indulge your artsy side. Be sure to check out “In the Tower: Barbara Kruger,” an exhibit featuring startling profiles by Barbara Kruger.

Sixth Street and Constitution Avenue. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission.

IAMX + Cellars

Dance the night away to catchy, edgy synthpop. Known for visually stimulating and theatrical performances, IAMX is on a national tour with the new Los Angeles-based band, Cellars. Listen to IAMX’s addicting and haunting 2016 single “North Star” from the album “Metanoia.”

U Street Music Hall, 1115 U St. 7 p.m. $25.

Saturday

Taste of Georgetown

Sample delectable dishes from more than 30 Georgetown restaurants, including cupcake rivals Baked and Wired and Georgetown Cupcake. Find out which dishes the judges – local food experts – will award “Best Way to Satiate a Sweet Tooth” and “Best use of Seasonal Ingredients,” along with other prizes. Proceeds from the event will benefit homeless outreach at the Georgetown Ministry Center.

K Street between Wisconsin Ave. and Thomas Jefferson Street. 11 a.m. $5 per tasting or $20 for five tastings.

Sunday

D.C. Design House Tour

Step inside a D.C. home transformed by some of the best-known local designers. This year’s ninth annual D.C. Design House is a white five-story, 11,000 square-foot home with 21 redesigned spaces. The money raised from the house tours will go toward the Children’s National Health System.

2509 Foxhall Rd. Noon. $35.

Kula Shaker + The Beginner’s Mynd

Finish the weekend with psychedelic rock and pop by Kula Shaker and The Beginner’s Mynd. Get ready by listening to Kula Shaker’s “Love B (with U)” from their 2016 album “K 2.0,” which was released in February.

U Street Music Hall, 1115 U St. 7 p.m. $22.