Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Max McCrory.

Enjoy one of the last weekends of summer by watching movies outside, doing yoga with kittens or celebrating women in art.

Friday

Roman Holiday

Rosslyn Cinema has created the perfect outdoor movie set-up in Gateway Park. They have all the essentials: popcorn, food – this week it’s D.C. Slices and Fava Pot Food truck – and a grassy lawn perfect for laying out picnic blankets. Movies have been playing in the park every Friday evening this summer, and this week happens to be the Audrey Hepburn classic, “Roman Holiday.” The best part? Admission is free.

Gateway Park, 1300 Lee Highway, Rosslyn, Va. 5 p.m. Free admission.

Saturday

Yoga with kittens

After stuffing yourself silly with pizza and popcorn at the Rosslyn Cinema Friday, you might need to exercise by doing some Saturday afternoon yoga. Even if exercise isn’t your thing, there will be kittens roaming the room during this yoga class. All the kittens will be available for adoption if you feel you need the companionship of a furry friend to get you through the upcoming school year. All proceeds benefit the Washington Humane Society and the Washington Animal Rescue League.

15 Oglethorpe St. NW. 3 p.m. $25.

Sunday

National Museum of Women in the Arts

As every D.C. student knows, the city is filled with museums – some free and some not. We also know that they’re the perfect reprieve from the hot and humid weather. During the month of August, the National Museum of Women in the Arts – which usually costs $10 – is allowing visitors to visit for free on Sundays. The museum highlights women’s artwork both new and old. The museum is currently featuring the work of American sculptor and painter Alison Saar.

1250 New York Ave. NW. Open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission.