Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Madelyne Ashworth.

It’s the unofficial start of summer this weekend – enjoy it with these events around D.C.

Friday

Jazz in the Garden

Jazz up your Friday by attending Jazz in the Garden in the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. This Friday kicks off a 16 year tradition of summer jazz concerts which continue until September. Food, beverages and alcohol are available at the Pavilion Café but everyone is encouraged to bring their own picnics.

7th Street & Constitution Ave. 5 p.m. Free admission

‘Washed Ashore’ at the National Zoo

Save the ocean just by viewing a museum exhibit, which opens Friday at the Smithsonian National Zoo. “Washed Ashore: Art to Save the Sea” features life-size sculptures of marine animals made entirely out of ocean pollution and trash. The exhibit’s 17 sculptures will remain until September.

3001 Connecticut Ave. NW. 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Free admission

Saturday

Silent Disco

Dance like nobody is watching – or listening, rather. The silent disco experience returns to the Shaw neighborhood this Saturday on the rooftop of Cambria Hotels and Suites. The event will feature three DJs, and dancers can decide which of the three to listen to throughout the event with their own headphones. The event is for ages 21 and over.

899 O Street NW, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. $20.

Sunday

Taste of Peru

Broaden your gastronomic horizons at the Peruvian food festival, an all-day food and drink festival featuring local Peruvian restaurants, chefs and vendors. A series of cooking demonstrations and musical performances, including salsa dancing will be featured throughout the day.

University of District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Ave. NW, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. $15.