Officials launch website to visualize post-graduation career statistics

Students, alumni, parents and employers can now quickly access GW graduates’ career statistics through a new University website.

GW introduced First Destination Wednesday – a dashboard that visualizes post-graduate outcomes for GW graduates, according to a University release.

The dashboard shows results from a University survey that asked recent graduates about their jobs and other activities within the first six months after graduation, the release said.

Users can click on different parts of the site to view survey data from the Class of 2014 and Class of 2015 by major or by other categories, like their job locations or salaries, according to the release.

Officials in the office of survey research and analysis designed the website on Tableau, a data-visualization platform, according to the release. Other officials from the division of student affairs, information technology-business intelligence, career services, the development office, the admissions office and external relations in the School of Business helped to develop the site.

Rachel Brown, the assistant provost for University Career Services, said in the release that the dashboard will help current and prospective students understand where they can go and what they can do after graduating from GW.

“Students can use the visualization as a tool to see the opportunities that recent graduates pursued and the breadth of options that exist,” Brown said.

About 87 percent of the 2,000 members of the Class of 2015 who responded are employed, enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program, in the military or involved in a volunteer organization, according to the release.