Snow keeps some services shut down Monday

Updated: Jan. 24, 2016 at 6:07 p.m.

The snow may not be falling anymore, but it’s still closing schools (and setting off alarms).

GW announced around 3 p.m. on Sunday that the University would be closed on Monday. The federal government and the Washington Metro Transit Authority have not announced whether they will be closed tomorrow. But we’ll keep a list of closures updated here:

D.C. public schools closed Monday

Mayor Muriel Bowser announced Sunday that the city’s public schools will be closed on Monday. Bowser declared a state of a emergency for the city on Thursday. City officials have been urging residents to remain off the roads so that city employees can continue the cleanup.

University of Maryland stays closed

Our neighbors in College Park were supposed to start classes after winter break on Monday. Instead, University of Maryland students have another two days off due to the storm.

Vern Express service suspended Sunday

The Vern Express will not run on Sunday, the service tweeted Saturday night and again Sunday morning. The bus between the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses has been suspended since Friday at 5:15 p.m.

GW closed on Monday

A University advisory said that classes were canceled and offices closed on Monday. All GW classes and events on Sunday were canceled on the Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon and Virginia Science and Technology campuses.

American, Howard and Georgetown universities closed Monday

GW is in good company. American, Howard and Georgetown universities are also closed Monday.

Limited Metro service Monday

Metro announced “lifeline” services on underground rail only on Monday, according to a tweet. Officials waved the fare on all rides. Officials also said trains would run every 20 to 25 minutes starting at 5 a.m., and more service could be added during the day, according to a release. The orange line will run from Ballston to Eastern Market. The red line will run from Medical Center to Union Station. The green line will run from Fort Totten to Anacostia.

Metrobus will run on 22 routes about every 30 minutes. There will be no MetroAccess service on Monday, according to the release.

Officials also extended free overnight parking in Metro lots until Tuesday.

D.C. and federal governments closed Monday

The D.C. government and the federal government will both be closed on Monday.

D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser urged residents to stay off the streets so the cleanup can continue.