Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet Staff Writer Liz Provencher.

This weekend, embrace the “potentially historic” snowstorm with these fun winter activities. Or stay in and watch Netflix, we won’t judge.

Friday

Sledding on Capitol Hill

Congress lifted the ban on sledding down Capitol Hill this December. If you can ignore the fact that Congress actually spent time debating this issue, take advantage of the new provision by rounding up some friends and a trusty sled and heading over to Capitol Hill. Let’s just hope the snowstorm doesn’t shut down the Metro or keep Uber drivers off the road.

Sledding at Battery Kemble Park

If you prefer a more extreme sledding excursion, head over to Battery Kemble Park where you will find a large hill for maximum sledding speed along with remnants from a Civil War battery.

Battery Kemble Park. Chain Bridge Road.

Saturday

Ice Yards at Yards Park

Warm up around outdoor fire pits, see beautiful ice sculptures and dance to live music at Ice Yards. The over-21 crowd can enjoy spiked snow cones while those under 21 can enjoy hot food from various neighborhood vendors.

The Yards. 301 Water St SE. 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. $10.

Sunday

Yoga at Lululemon Georgetown

Venture out of your dorm and warm up by burning some calories in a community yoga class at Georgetown’s Lululemon store. All abilities are welcome and the classes, which run every Tuesday and Sunday, are always free to the public.

Lululemon Georgetown. 3265 M St. 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Free to the public.

Alessia Cara at the 9:30 Club

If you’re more into head banging than headstands, get out after the blizzard by dancing with friends at the 9:30 Club. Newcomer Alessia Cara will definitely get the crowd singing and dancing with her no. 1 hit “Here” along with other fun tracks from her debut album “Know-It-All.”

9:30 Club. 815 V St. Doors open at 6 p.m. $25.