Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Danielle Zukoff

It’s the first weekend of the semester and you get an extra day to enjoy it. Embrace your time off – and enjoy the end of syllabus week – this weekend at a pony petting zoo or an indie arcade.

Friday

Lunchtime Lecture at the Anderson House

Now that you’ve been listening to the “Hamilton” soundtrack at the gym for months now, take some time this weekend to learn more about the founding father. The 30-minute lecture will discuss the various works of art created to memorialize Alexander Hamilton’s death in 1804, which ranges from embroidery to Chinese art.

The Anderson House, 2118 Massachusetts Ave., 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is free to the public.

Saturday

Indie Arcade

Whether you’re more into “Pacman” or “Donkey Kong,” you can get your fill of old-school arcade games and try out some new ones during this one-day free event at the the American Art Museum.

American Art Museum, 800 G St., 1 p.m to 7 p.m. Admission is free to the public.

Bei Bei’s public debut

If you have the panda cam open in a tab on your laptop at all times, you will want to be there when Bei Bei, the zoo’s youngest panda, makes his adorable public debut.

National Zoological Park, 3001 Connecticut Ave., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free to the public.

Sunday

Pony petting zoo

If you miss the petting zoos set up on campus during finals week, you’re in luck this Sunday. To promote the horse-themed play “Equus,” The Constellation Theater Company will host a pop-up pony petting zoo where you can feed a pet a pony and a miniature horse.

Source, 1835 14th St. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Free.