Online programs maintain national rankings

GW’s online programs’ rankings stayed about the same in the U.S. News and World Report’s annual list, with both education and nursing degrees receiving high marks.

The School of Nursing, whose ranking reached an all-time high in 2014, fell four spots to No. 13 this year, tying with Stamford University and the universities of Colorado at Colorado Springs and Nevada at Las Vegas.

The Graduate School of Education and Human Development’s graduate education program came in at No. 9, tying with the University of Massachusetts at Lowell’s program, one place lower than last year.

The University has placed a higher priority on offering new online programs to make up for a decline in graduate enrollment. Paul Schiff Berman, the first vice provost for online learning, stepped down last semester, and while officials said they will continue to prioritize online learning, it appears unlikely that the position will be filled.

The GW School of Business’ online non-MBA program online programs were ranked at No. 18, four places higher than last year, while the online MBA program kept its rank at No. 44.

The School of Engineering and Applied Science’s online program ranked at No. 55. The University’s online bachelor’s programs, most of which are housed in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, fell seven spots to No. 27 this year.