University taps Syracuse alumni relations official for associate vice president slot

GW will soon have a new associate vice president for alumni relations, according to a release published Wednesday.

Matthew Manfra, who currently works as the assistant vice president for alumni engagement at Syracuse University, will make the move to D.C. to work in the Office of Development and Alumni Relations starting Aug. 3, according to the release.

“I am thoroughly impressed with the overall vision, leadership and commitment to alumni that was evident during my conversations with President Steven Knapp, Vice President [for Development and Alumni Relations] Aristide Collins, and GW Alumni Association leaders Jeremy Gosbee and Steve Frenkil,” Manfra said in the release. “GW has outstanding and distinguished alumni around the globe and I look forward to engaging them.”

Manfra has previously worked in alumni relations offices at the University of Northern Colorado, Rutgers University and The College of New Jersey.

Collins said Manfra’s strategy to engage alumni is through “empowering volunteers to lead and creating diverse programs.”

“Our alumni leadership and the deans and faculty will enjoy working with Matt as together we continue to enhance our communication with and engagement of our alumni community,” Collins said in the release.

The position has been open since last February, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education’s employment website.