Red, white and you: How to spend Memorial Day weekend in D.C.

Your Memorial Day weekend agenda could be chockfull of patriotism, from Monday’s American Veterans Centers annual parade on Constitution Avenue to Sunday’s Rolling Thunder Motorcycle rally, which honors prisoners of war and missing soldiers.

But for a weekend that’s a little less about the stars and stripes, and a little more about your Monday off from work, read on.

Geographer at 9:30 Club, Saturday at 7 p.m. for $20

New Jersey native Mike Deni is the headman of Geographer, an electro-indie band that’s heavy on synthesizers and sweet lyrics. Their lullaby-esque sound meshes perfectly with computerized beats in songs like “Paris” and “I’m Ready.”  The trio – Deni, cellist Nathan Blaz and drummer Brian Ostreicher – played at Firefly Music Festival and toured with Tokyo Police Club last year. Their song “Can’t You Wait” was featured in Pixar’s anti-bullying campaign, It Gets Better, in 2010.

Jake Johannsen at DC Improv, Saturday at 10 p.m. for $20

Catch the last night of Jake Johannsen’s stand-up at DC Improv. The seasoned comedian offers a fresh, funny prospective on politics and culture in 2015 with his well-timed punchlines and shrug-of-the-shoulders wit. Johannsen has appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman” 46 times and “Seinfeld” creator Jerry Seinfeld originally offered the role of George Constanza to Johannsen who, obviously, turned it down.

DC Kings Variety Show at Bier Baron Tavern, Sunday at 5 p.m. for $10

Since 2000, the comedy troupe, founded by drag king Ken Vegas, has brought together LGBT performers for drag performances, sketch comedy, stand-up and burlesque shows. The event is also part of a fundraiser for the annual Capital Pride parade in June.

Quiet Company at The Hamilton, Sunday at 7 p.m. for $14-18

You’ve probably had one of Quiet Company’s songs stuck in your head after hearing it on an episode of “The Real World” or “Keeping up with the Kardashians.” The indie rock band, which hails from Texas, fuses pop beats with catchy guitar riffs in tracks like “You, Me & the Boatman.” See them fresh off the release of their newest album, “Transgressor.”