Your Week: Concerts for each day, from ’80s U.K. music to Latin-American rock

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Cailley LaPara.

Whether you’re into Latin-American rock, ’80s-era U.K. tunes, indie pop or the sound of a violin, we’ve got your music fix in the District this week.

Monday

Ty Segall at the 9:30 Club: California-based musician and songwriter Ty Segall blends genres of rock – like psychedelic, glam, garage and punk – to create an eclectic sound. His most recent album, “Manipulator,” was released in August.

9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets: $18.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/44461581″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

Madchester Monday at U Street Music Hall: The focus of this “listening party” will be ‘80s and ‘90s tunes from the famous Hacienda Nightclub in Mancester, England. Jam to entire vinyl albums by artists like The Stone Roses, New Order Technique and Primal Scream Screamadelica, and finish off the night with a set by DJ Steven Faith.

U Street Music Hall, 1115 U St. NW. 7 p.m. Admission is free for attendees over 21, $5 for those over 18.

Tuesday

Free concert at Black Squirrel: Black Squirrel, a pub in Adams Morgan, will host three musicians for a night of burgers, brews and good tunes. Rock d’Madera will kick off the night with Latin-American rock at 8 p.m., followed by bluesy-rock group Butterface Effect at 9 p.m. and Music Bones at 10 p.m.

Black Squirrel, 2427 18th St. NW. Doors open at 7:30 pm. Free.

OK Go at the 9:30 Club: The band, still famous for their 2005 track, “Here It Goes Again” (and its treadmill-inspired music video) will perform in D.C. on Tuesday. You’ll hopefully get to hear some songs off the group’s upcoming album, “Hungry Ghosts,” to be released in October.

9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets: $25

Wednesday

Legal Seafoods Sixth Annual Oyster Festival: Wednesday marks the start of Legal Seafoods’ sixth annual Oyster Festival, which will last until Oct. 14. The festival will come to three Legal Seafoods locations in the D.C. area. Special items, like oyster stew and bacon wrapped oysters, will appear on the menu during the festival, and happy hour specials will run Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Legal Seafoods, 704 7th St. NW. Sept. 17 to Oct. 14 at participating locations.

Story League Story Contest at Busboys and Poets: Busboys and Poets will partner with Story League to host the third annual story contest Wednesday night. Pre-decided storytellers have seven minutes to tell a true, personal story on the theme of “Testy, Testy!” for the chance to win $150 and the title of Story League champion.

Busboys and Poets, 2021 14th St. NW. Doors open at 8:30 pm. Tickets: $12 presale, $15 at door.

Thursday

Clean Bandit and Lizzo at the 9:30 Club: Clean Bandit, known for the popular summer hit “Rather Be,” will perform at the 9:30 Club alongside hip-hop artist Lizzo, whose debut album, “Lizzobangers,” was released last year.

9:30 Club, 815 V St. NW. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets: $18

Nistha Raj at the Kennedy Center: Violinist Nistha Raj’s musical background began in Indian classical music, but she has since added other, modern sounds like jazz and beatboxing to her performances. See it live for free at the Kennedy Center on Thursday.

Kennedy Center, 2700 F St. NW., 6 p.m. Free.

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/121156536″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]