How to pull yourself out of the post-fireworks slump

Fourth of July festivities may be over, but there’s no shortage of events and specials to follow up on last week’s celebration.

You may not find fireworks or red, white, and blue-themed menus. And, yes, we are no longer fighting for a chance in the World Cup, but check out these places to keep your summer spirits up.

Photo used under the Creative Commons license.
Singer-songwriter Daley will perform at the 9:30 Club on Monday. Photo used under the Creative Commons license.

Monday

Daley acoustic show at 9:30 Club: The British singer-songwriter is bringing his mohawk and a special acoustic set to the 9:30 Club. Tickets are only $20.

Muggle Mondays at Black Cat: Starting this week, Black Cat will host “Muggle Mondays,” a Harry Potter-themed evening full of butter beer and wizardry. Every week will include a showing of one of the films, starting with “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.”

Tuesday

World Cup Semi-Finals: Brazil vs. Germany 
Whoever you’re rooting for now, odds are there’s at least one viewing party waiting for you. Biergarten Haus hosted parties for the previous Germany games, so count on another for the semi-final. The Grill from Ipanema is home to all things Brazilian and draws crowds supporting the host team. World Cup happy hour specials are also abundant at Jack Rose Dining Saloon, Fainting Goat and Town Tavern.

Glass Animals at U Street Music Hall: Glass Animals brings its trippy, indie-rock sound all the way from Oxford to U Street Music Hall’s intimate basement stage.

DC Dutch hosts Netherlands World Cup viewing party at Elephant & Castle. Photo courtesy of the Elephant & Castle Facebook page.
D.C. Dutch hosts a Netherlands World Cup viewing party at Elephant and Castle. Photo courtesy of the Elephant and Castle Facebook page.

Wednesday

World Cup Semi-Finals: Netherlands vs. Argentina 
The second semi-final game will be just as intense as the first, and for both casual watchers and die-hard fans, watch parties are the best way to experience the action. Elephant and Castle will be home to fans of the Netherlands, while Del Campo is hosting specials for Argentina followers.

NoMa Summer Screen: Come see free movies in the fast-growing neighborhood Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. This week’s film is “The Muppets.”

Thursday

Capital Fringe Festival: This annual performance festival, featuring comedy sketches, drama and dance, kicks off Thursday and runs through July 27. There are different performances and productions at venues across the city every day of the week, so check out the full schedule.

Kitten at Rock & Roll Hotel: The West Coast pop-punk band, carried by 19-year-old frontwoman Chloe Chaidez, embarks on its first headlining tour to promote the release of the group’s first full-length album.