White House press secretary Jay Carney to give talk on campus

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney will speak to students at the School of Media and Public Affairs next Thursday. Official White House photo by Pete Souza

White House press secretary Jay Carney will speak at the School of Media and Public Affairs on April 17 at 10 a.m.

Carney will take the stage for an interview with CBS News chief White House correspondent Major Garrett, who is one of this year’s SMPA distinguished fellows.

SMPA students can claim free pre-sale tickets Wednesday at 5 p.m. for 24 hours before they are released to other students and faculty across the University.

Carney, who serves as the chief spokesperson for President Barack Obama, took the role in 2011, after serving as Vice President Joe Biden’s director of communications. Before working in the public sector, he was the Washington bureau chief for Time magazine.

Students will also get a chance to ask Carney questions in a Q&A session. Just don’t ask questions like this Daily Caller intern: