Business school rises to No. 59 best undergrad program

Duques Hall, School of Business
The School of Business was ranked No. 59 among top undergraduate programs in the U.S. on Friday. Hatchet File Photo

The GW School of Business jumped a dozen spots in Bloomberg Businessweek’s ranking of top undergraduate programs Friday, its first gain in three years.

The school rose to No. 59 this year after three years of slipping in rankings, which are based on factors such as student and employee feedback as well as the average starting salary.

About 81 percent of GW’s business school graduates earned job offers, with an average salary of about $52,000. With a program cost of $47,290, it’s also the most expensive out of the 132 schools.

Businessweek also considers data such as students’ average SAT scores, the student-to-faculty ratio and the percentage of students with business-related internships.

The school’s spokesman did not return a request for comment by publication time.

The University of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business nabbed the No. 1 spot for the fifth straight year. Six of the universities that GW considers its peers landed in the top 25 spots, including Washington University of St. Louis and New York, Georgetown, Emory, Southern Methodist and Boston universities.