GW moves quickly to fix public health school sign

The public health school got another new name Thursday – if only for a few hours. Photo Courtesy of Facebook user.

GW renamed its public health school last week after receiving a multi-million dollar donation from the institute run by billionaire philanthropist Michael Milken.

But the sign outside the school’s new $75 million building on Washington Circle called it the Milken Institute School of Public Policy – not public health – for a few hours Thursday.

At least it didn’t say pubic health?

The sign’s lettering has since been scratched off, but not before the photos floated around students’ Facebook pages.

The University received $80 million worth of support for its public health from Milken and another research-focused philanthropist Sumner Redstone. Public health faculty and administrators began moving into the new building last week.

After GW rebranded its logo last fall, a sign outside of Fulbright Hall was misspelled as “Fullbright Hall.”

And in case you were wondering what GW’s actual public policy school had to say:

Updated March 20, 2014 at 5:11 p.m.
Ironically, we made a typo of our own. The public health donation did not amount to $80. It totaled $80 million. The latter is much more impressive.