How to spend Valentine’s Day when you’re single in D.C.

Last year’s Cupid Undie Run. Photo courtesy of Cupid Undie Run Facebook page. Steve Lynds photography.

The 2012 undie run

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Jennifer Fendt. 

Red roses, mouth-watering heart shaped chocolates and romance will fill the air Friday Friday, but you want nothing to do with it because you’re single. Don’t let a Hallmark holiday get you down this year by enjoying these D.C. events.

Chad America’s 15th Annual Valentine’s Day Rock and Roll Dance Party

The Black Cat at 1811 14th St. NW

Put on your dancing shoes and flashback to the ‘50s and ‘60s doo-wop, rock ‘n’ roll era at this fine D.C. institution. Bartender Chad America’s oldies playlist will leave you dancing the night away for free with the doors opening at 9 p.m.

Cupid’s Undie Run

Pour House, Hawk N’ Dove & Capitol Lounge at 319 Pennsylvania Ave SE

Join hundreds of others and strip down to your bedroom-best while doing something good. This 1.5-mile fun run on Capitol Hill benefits the Children’s Tumor Foundation. Festivities begin at noon on Saturday, with the run/dance around the streets beginning at 2 pm.

Arlington Cinema & Draft House: Best Date Night Ever

2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington. Screenings at 7:00 p.m. and 9:50 p.m. Admission $10.

Who needs an actually date when you have wine, comedy and “The Princess Bride”? Friday night Arlington Cinema will host two showings of the classic movie “The Princess Bride” – and if that can’t renew your faith in love, nothing will. But with a stand-up comic act and an optional wine tasting on the side, even a romantic skeptic will feel at ease.