Kappa Phi Lambda gets F Street townhouse

The Kappa Phi Lambda sorority will move into the F Street townhouse vacated by Sigma Delta Tau last month.

The 19-member sorority for Asian American women will become the second multicultural Greek organization to nab a house on campus. They will move into 2123 F Street next fall after the Sigma Delta Tau sorority was was found guilty of hazing last month.

“By having a townhouse it will further promote our three pillars: sisterhood, service and cultural diversity,” Kappa Phi Lambda president Gloria Yun said Saturday. “We will also be able to invite other organizations and co-host events together, creating a stronger relationship within the GW community.”

Kappa Phi Lambda was chartered at GW in 2008. There are 14 multicultural Greek organizations on campus, which have grown in membership in recent years.

Greek housing applications require letters of recommendation from a chapter’s national organization and proof that they can maintain 95 percent occupancy of the townhouse.

Other factors include the 2013 Chapter Excellence ratings, which rate Greek chapters in categories like leadership, philanthropy and academics.

Kappa Phi Lambda is the second chapter this month to receive a townhouse on campus. Kappa Alpha was slated to fill a townhouse on 22nd Street that formerly belonged to Alpha Epsilon Pi, which was shut down last month.