On the hunt: finding your Halloween costume

Step up your costume game this year. Photo courtesy of Meeps'.
Step up your costume game this year beyond animal ears. Photo courtesy of Meeps.

This post was written by Hatchet Reporter Ruby Lee. 

This year get more creative than just a pair of animal ears.

With less than a week left until Halloween, time is running out to put together an  outfit for the 31st. Here are the best stores in the District for Halloween lovers looking to bring their costumes to the next level.

Meeps: A quaint vintage store in Adams Morgan, Meeps features a curated, year-round costume store. It’s the perfect place to find a specific decade outfit, ranging from 50s dresses to 80s sequined items. Additionally, Meeps sells wigs, masks and other items essential for putting together a costume.

Junction: Located in the U Street Corridor, Junction offers quirky vintage finds all year long. A great stop when on the search for styles from the 60s-80s, the store also features shoes, costume jewelry and other great accessories to make your outfit authentically retro.

The American Backstage Company: An old favorite D.C. costume shop, The American Backstage Company is celebrating its first year at its new location in Alexandria. The store, located by the Van Dorn Metro stop (eight stops away from Foggy Bottom on the blue line) promises for plenty of costume options. From costume rentals and sales, wigs, hats, stage makeup and more, American Backstage has everything you’d need to look perfect on Halloween.