Politico Barry Jackson and columnist Joe Klein to join GSPM

The Graduate School of Political Management named a former George W. Bush senior advisor and a celebrated Time magazine columnist two of its fellows for 2013-2014.

Joe Klein. Photo courtesy of Flickr user David Shankbone

Barry Jackson and Joe Klein will serve as adjunct faculty, guest lecturers and attend a variety of events held by the school, which teaches applied politics in political management, legislative affairs and strategic public relations.

Jackson, a former White House administrator worked as a deputy to Karl Rove, has worked as senior staff in Congress, serving as chief of staff for Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, after leaving the White House.

He was described in a 2010 New York Times article as “one of the most influential and least-known figures in Washington” and the craftsman of Republicans’ opposition to the Affordable Care Act.

Klein is a political columnist for Time and former New Yorker columnist, having been named a national headliner for best magazine column twice. He also anonymously authored “Primary Colors: A Novel of Politics,” book about the 1992 Democratic primary that sold about a million copies.

Barry Jackson. Photo courtesy of the White House

Amy Walter, who was the political director for ABC News during the 2010 and 2012 election cycles, will also join the school as a fellow. After leaving ABC, Walter joined the Cook Political Report as a national editor.

Current GSPM faculty in residence Nancy Bocsker will remain with the school in August to fill out the final fellowship position. Bockser, who teaches fundraising, has written a book about political fundraising and she helped develop the first online activism institute.