Weekend Outlook

the white house
Tour the White House gardens for free this Saturday and Sunday. Photo courtesy of Oarabile Mudongo under the Creative Commons License.

If you’re stressing out about midterms – and let’s be honest, who isn’t – take the weekend to revel in some local entertainment events.

Tour the White House gardens Saturday and Sunday. To secure a ticket, head to the Ellipse Visitor Pavilion on 15th & E streets the morning of the tour where free tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tours run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.

– If you missed seeing Jon Stewart at Lisner Auditorium last week, don’t worry – The Daily Show Live: An Evening With the People Behind the Show takes place Saturday night at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts. As part of the Indecision Tour 2012, the show features the writers and correspondents who bring the hilarity to The Daily Show.

– Can’t wait the couple of weeks until Halloween? The Spooky Movie International Horror Film Festival hosted by the American Film Institute Silver Theatre and Cultural Center might be your solution. The 10-day festival which began on Wednesday promises a satisfying variety of the creepiest films coming out today.