Aspen Institute CEO to deliver keynote at business school conference

Walter Isaacson, author of "Steve Jobs," will visit GW Monday. Photo courtesy of Jefferson St. Charles

The author of the best-selling biography on Steve Jobs will speak about the late Apple co-founder’s life Monday at Jack Morton Auditorium.

Walter Isaacson, the president and chief executive officer of the nonprofit Aspen Institute, will deliver the keynote address at the GW-hosted Aspen Undergraduate Business Education Consortium.

“Steve Jobs,” which was released last October and weaves the tale of Apple’s roots around the work of its co-founder, was Amazon.com’s best-selling book of 2011. Isaacson has also penned biographies on Albert Einstein, Henry Kissinger and Benjamin Franklin. Isaacson also served as chairman and CEO of CNN.

The conference will bring 30 of the nation’s top undergraduate business schools together to discuss the integration of values and society into the field. The University’s master of business administration program was ranked No. 9 in the country last year in The Aspen Institute’s alternative rankings that stressed social, environmental and ethical learning.

The GW School of Business’ undergraduate curriculum has undergone review this year for a potential overhaul, which dean Doug Guthrie said will enhance students’ understanding of society and interdisciplinary work.

Tickets are available through Eventbrite to students, faculty, staff and alumni for Isaacson’s talk.