Hatchet’s Bucket List

Photo by Scott Ableman used under a Creative Commons License.

Every week The Hatchet will post an excerpt from its own “Bucket List” – things our staff thinks every student at GW should accomplish in the four years before they graduate. See if you can also cross them all off your list.

The snow is beginning to thaw and although the weather is forecasting some possible freak flurries, it’s a good time to start thinking about entertainment options. Here are three venues that you must visit before you leave GW.

13. Go to a Nationals game at National Park

Located in Southeast D.C., the ballpark’s location isn’t the most convenient – but the opportunity is unbeatable. Watch the Washington Nationals play baseball in all their glory, even if it isn’t much glory (the Nats have been at the bottom of the league for a couple years). Individual tickets go on sale March 2 at 10 p.m. and prices range from $5 to $325.

14. Spend an evening at the Verizon Center

Offering entertainment options from basketball to rock and roll, the Verizon Center should be easy to cross off your list. The venue is located only a few metro stops away from campus right in the center of Chinatown. This means before or after the event you can easily grab a bite to eat.

15.  See a band play at the 9:30 Club

The club’s low-key setting with an open audience allows for a more intimate show. Located near Howard,  the tickets are usually student budget-friendly. Look forward to shows this spring by Jack’s Mannequin, Ben Folds, Whiz Khalifa, Lupe Fiasco, Citizen Cope and 3OH!3.