Fashionistas of the Week

Fashionistas of the Week is a weekly post featuring the three best dressed students on campus spotted by our fashion writer. Keep your eyes open for a reporter and photographer walking around because you might be chosen as the latest trendsetter.

This post was written by Hatchet Reporter Christian Ewing.

Douglas Brundage, junior communications major & Evan Schwartz, junior journalism major

Those who say nobody lives like the characters on television comedies obviously have never met Douglas and Evan. Throughout the interview the two bantered so wittily that I got my sitcom fix for the week. Douglas first described his style as urban bull crap, though his word choice for crap was slightly different, and later provided the G-rated comment, “You are what you wear as well as what you eat.” His style is inspired by Lapo Elkenn, Douglas suggested that we Google him.

Evan turns to Kanye West and Tom Ford for his fashion inspiration, saying, “You should dress everyday as if it was your last.” As for the guys’ picks for the best places to shop? Doug chooses the clothing line Band of Outsiders by Scott Sternberg, while Evan sticks with the always classic Ralph Lauren.

Where to find it: On Doug, jeans- A.P.C., top-Rugby Ralph Lauren, boots- Timberlands. On Evan, scarf and cardigan- Polo Ralph Lauren, shirt Rugby Ralph Lauren, shoes- Sperry, pants- H&M

Stephanie Keller, senior journalism major

Stephanie is “that girl,” the hipster who makes short hair look elegant, leather boots feminine and a coat with light blue buttons hip. Her secret? Well, I don’t know her secret, but I can guess that she draws from classic inspirations. She says her style is very London and she has a penchant for the 50s, an era of conservative class well represented in the oh-so-stylish Mad Men, one of Stephanie’s favorite shows.

Where to find it: Boots- Nordstrom, jacket- Kenzie, scarf- American Apparel, sunglasses- Ray Ban.

Raquel Petersen, freshman international affairs major

As GW prepared for another snowstorm and combated frigid weather, Raquel brought a nice dose of color into the overcast day. Too many people feel compelled to go darker, grayer, and simpler in the winter, but Raquel looks so much more adventurous with her pink and teal dress and dainty floral purse. “I pull from many different places,” she said of her style inspiration. “But I do like Natalie Portman and others like her.” Her charming outfit is also practical with cozy tights, a warm wool coat, and a scarf. Keep in mind that cloudy weather feels less gloomy when you wear cheery, colorful clothes.

Where to find it: Coat and dress – H&M, shoes and purse – Urban Outfitters